Hey guys! I wanted to take some time to share my favorite apps with you. Some of the most common New Years goals for students involve losing weight and becoming more productive. These apps will help you successfully achieve these goals.
- Momentum: This program is designed with productivity in mind. I love it because it replaces your new tab in your browser with a beautiful picture and an inspiring quote. It always greets you by name. (Right now, mine says Good evening, Tina.) My favorite thing about Momentum is that it challenges you to identify your main goal for the day and provides a task bar that helps you recognize the specific steps you need to take to achieve the goal.
- StayFocusd: This app blocks sites during a the time you set to help you stay focused on work. For example, mine is set to block Pinterest from 8am-7pm M-F so that I won’t be tempted to be on Pinterest during my classes. The best/worst part about StayFocusd is that you have to perfectly type in a paragraph to change the settings. This prevents you from changing the settings to allow you onto your time waster sites everyday.
(These can all be found in the PlayStore and work on Android phones.)
- Fabulous: Motivate Me This app is like having a personal coach. It motivates you to make small, easy changes that ultimately promote healthy living. It has everything from encouraging you to have a positive self image to giving you tips to sleep better at night.
- Water Drink Reminder: This app does exactly what the name says. It calculates how much water you should drink based on height/weight/activity and reminds you to drink more when you get behind. There are so many benefits to drinking enough water and it is one of the easiest ways to get healthy in the new year.
- Headspace: Headspace is a meditation app that is perfect for beginners! It guides you through the basics of meditation and contains a variety of programs. The app itself is free, but anything beyond the beginning lessons will cost extra.
I hope these apps help you start off the new year on the right track!